You can tell who’s oppressed by what they are fighting for.
Women in other parts of the world fight to have an education, to be able to walk in the streets and not be stoned to death. They fight to be able to marry who they want. They fight to be able to live a healthy life.
Women in the western world “fight” to take a song off the radio, “fight” to not have to shave their legs. “Fight” to silence anyone who has a differing opinion.
Just a thought.
(Source: , via check-your-privilege-feminists)
19 #WhyIStayed tweets everyone needs to see
While many cheered the NFL’s move to (finally) punish Rice’s vicious behavior, too many media outlets immediately fell into a tired pattern of victim blaming.
Writer Beverly Gooden had heard enough. “I was watching the responses to the TMZ on my timeline, and I noticed a trend. People were asking ‘why did she marry him?’ and ‘why didn’t she leave him,’” Gooden told Mic. “When I saw those tweets, my first reaction was shame. The same shame that I felt back when I was in a violent marriage. It’s a sort of guilt that would make me crawl into a shell and remain silent. But today, for a reason I can’t explain, I’d had enough. I knew I had an answer to everyone’s question of why victims of violence stay. I can’t speak for Janay Rice, I can only speak for me.”
Gooden decided to change the conversation. | Follow micdotcom
Can you link to a credible source about why the patriarchy exists? (No tumblr posts, no jezebel, like a legit peer reviewed research article by sociologists)
are you blind? it’s your television, your favourite tv shows, your movies, your books, your fucking history text books. how hard is it? oh and also the fact that I’ve been trying to get this shit across that men are upset because they have to live up to these “manly” standards. Where are those standards coming form? Oh yeah! the patriarchy. men. men. men men men men men and men. we feminsts DO NOT like that. fuck.
and here. first thing I found. fuck you learn that patriarchy exists in school. did you go to school? no? clearly not.
>link to feminist website
So no, she can’t.
But I can:
"Patriarchy is a multidimensional condition of power and status. Whyte’s 1978 comprehensive study examined 52 indicators of patriarchy, which corresponded to 10 relatively independent dimensions. The ten dimensions are:
- lack of property control by women
- lack of power of women in kinship contexts
- low value placed on the lives of women
- low value placed on the labor of women
- lack of domestic authority of women
- absence of ritualized female solidarity
- absence of control over women’s marital and sexual lives
- absence of ritualized fear of women
- lack of male-female joint participation in warfare, work, and community decision making
- lack of women’s indirect influence on decision making
There are undeniably societies in the world today that are patriarchies. A place like Saudi Arabia comes to mind as well as institutions like the Catholic Church in which women are not entirely excluded (i.e., nuns) but are kept from positions of real power (i.e., the priesthood and the papacy).
However, at least in the United States…
- women can (easily) control property: they can rent apartments, buy a house or land, own a business, and inherit and/or will their property to others.
- there are plenty of “housewives”/stay-at-home mothers, but women are typically expected to find a job and work for a living in the same way that men are, and there is no wage gap between male and female workers.
- though it’s hard to say given that domestic violence stories focus almost solely on male-on-female violence, I might argue that women often have more domestic authority than men; for example, they have more control of their family’s disposable income and are far more likely to get custody of their children in case of a divorce.
- "absence of ritualized female solidarity" - well, I think we know that’s not applicable to the US, if Tumblr is any indication.
- aside from states that have made abortion difficult to obtain, women control their own bodies and sexuality, and aside from where it is an issue of LGBT+ equality, women have the power to marry (and divorce) whom they choose, when they choose.
- Many industries (and certainly most offices that I’ve seen) are relatively evenly balanced between men and women. As for “community decision making,” women are more likely to vote than men, so while it would be nice to have more women running for office, women nevertheless have more of a say in who gets elected.
I realize I didn’t refute or address all ten points. Ultimately,however, women have the choice to wear the kinds of clothes they like; vote; pursue almost any career; drive a car; live where and with whom they want to; have children (or not); get married (or not); cut their hair; have sex with whom they choose, etc. While many people may criticize them for making what they deem “incorrect” or “inappropriate” choices, no patriarch or patriarchal authority is going to punish women for making them.
There is no patriarchy.
I like it how she doesn’t provide a counter argument, not thay it matters considering he initial argument is “are you blind? look around!" which I believe refers mostly to sexualization? If that’s the case, that would be funny considering I remember reading she goes on a webcame site and shows herself naked for money, or used to. Let alone the bunch of half naked pictures of her in her blog talking about how amazing her boobs are.
Perfect response to this would have consisted of “why yes, yes, I am blind.”
this guy was watching the vmas with me and now he’s educating himself how precious is that
he keeps asking me all these questions about aspects of feminism and he’s like “so basically it’s about letting women do what they want without being judged for it” and I was like yea and he was like “oh okay that’s so simple why isn’t everyone a feminist” it’s precious
update: I banged him
Feminism isn’t about standing up for pedophiles and abusers? I think he needs a new teacher
yall giving this boy too much credit imho no offensive
this post is annoying as shit. congrats to the 2 ugly white people that had sex because one taught the other how to use google
Update: I banged him because I thought he gave a shit about this movement, not because I liked him as a person.
Jokes on you for being easy, now if only every guy could learn to wiki feminism around a feminist. There’d be no more men struggling to find partners.
I am confused by the spite.
What’s wrong with her deciding to bang him? I mean. I wouldn’t call myself a feminist. But really. Why the hate?
Odds are, she didn’t just bang him over feminism. Come on team. We know better than that.
Because she implies only men who have knowledge of her Shitty movement are worthy of sex with her.
There was literally nothing in this post other than “he googled feminism, I banged him.”
You might as well do something like
"Vote democrat this year and I’l suck your dick."
That’s why the hate, because its using sex to push a political agenda. Lets see some female Nazi’s offering up pussy for people to come to their meetings and see how quickly people lose their god damn minds.
i tried googling the original laina “update: i banged him” post and this came up. tune in for more comparisons of feminism to nazism
Here ya go, have some fucking more.
both feminism and Nazism have
- discriminated against individuals on the basis of their genetic code
- promoted the view that the targeted group was inferior genetically and behaviourally
- promoted propaganda that led to the targeted group being labelled as ‘parasites’
- promoted propaganda that led to the targeted group being constantly ridiculed
- promoted propaganda that led to the targeted group being laughed at even when mutilated
- demonised the target group by labelling them as perverts and sexual criminals
- sought to break the target group away from their families
- promoted the view that the targeted group was responsible for most of the major ills in society
- disseminated lies and disinformation about the targeted group in order to further promote their own ideology
- disseminated lies and disinformation about historical matters
- used intimidation, threats and coercion to prevent their opponents from speaking out
- promoted the lie that the privileged group consisted of innocent ‘victims’ of the targeted group
- demanded special privileges in the workplace for members of the privileged group e.g. preferential job placements for women
- discriminated against the targeted group in educational matters and in the workplace
- perverted the justice system so that members of the targeted group were easily discriminated against in the law e.g. in family courts
- arranged matters so that accusers from the privileged group could be shielded by anonymity in the courtroom e.g. in sex-assault cases.
- arranged matters so that defendants from the targeted group had to ‘prove’ their innocence e.g. in sex-assault and domestic violence cases
- arranged matters so that members of the privileged group could capriciously define what, legally, was to be deemed ‘a crime’, e.g. where nowadays the ‘feelings’ of women rather than the behaviours of men are the determinants of what constitutes ‘a crime’
- arranged matters so that members of the privileged group could capriciously define how the law was to view certain matters e.g. a fetus inside a woman can now be deemed by her - at her whim - to be a worthless piece of tissue or a prospective baby - with all the ramifications of this - regardless of how the father might feel about it all (also sexual harassment, etc.)
- arranged matters so that the law punished members of the targeted group more severely than members of the privileged group for the very same crime e.g. in domestic violence and murder cases.
- arranged matters so that members of the targeted group were made responsible for the choices and behaviours of members of the privileged group e.g. in paternity fraud cases where duped fathers still have to pay child support
- arranged matters so that members of the privileged group who harmed, or even murdered, members of the targeted group were shown undue leniency - and were often actually applauded for their actions
- arranged matters so that the law punished members of the targeted group severely for even trivial offences, e.g. domestic violence, sexual harassment
- arranged matters so that members of the privileged group earned a right to the property of members of the targeted group for no other reason than that they were members of the privileged group e.g. alimony, child custody.
- arranged matters so that certain speech or attitudes directed against the privileged group were criminalised e.g. biased ‘hate speech’ laws.
- punished those who protested against the prevailing ideology; e.g. for being politically-incorrect.
- effectively controlled the mainstream media and the academic institutions and arranged for them to present a dishonest and dishonourable point of view in support of their ideology
- consistently highlighted and exaggerated the achievements and the suffering of the privileged group while downplaying the achievements and the suffering of the targeted group
- ran government-funded educational courses in universities (e.g. Women’s Studies, Title IX) and in schools to promote the privileged group at the expense of the targeted group.
- persisted in a long term campaign of hatred toward the targeted group, e.g. “A women needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” “Men think about sex every 15 seconds.”
Bar the heavy violence and the gas chambers - which came towards the end of the Nazis hold on power - feminism and early Nazism are rather similar.
It got better
why do you care if people have tattoos and piercings or if people don’t wanna shave their legs or who people wanna fuck with
literally why do you care what someone else does with their own body if they’re not hurting anyone
it doesn’t affect you and there are a lot better things for you to actually give a fuck about
y’all got to work on your fucks budget, spend your fucks more wisely
ration all y’alls fucks
Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
i heard that they did it to Victoria Justice too.
I see girls on this website fighting battles with their disorders and they’re working so hard and they’re so young and I’m like you go little warriors, you get this shit squared off and go to college or Europe or the bar near your house free of all this crap. You’re working so hard to make this a tiny chapter of your story and I am so proud of you.
if a u can see a someone’s bra through their shirt do you care. like do u really care. it’s probably a hecka cute bra right and i bet they spent like 20 dollars on that bra. maybe even 30 dollars idk. don’t shun the bra appreciate the bra
It’s underwear. It’s not supposed to be seen
stop being sad! or be sad, for a little :) you're gorgeous! what is your skincare?! if you have one.
Thank you for your message! I’m not really sad now, I’m just stressed and anxious, but trust me the sadness will come right on the dot at 11 pm tonight.
My skincare routine is male tears as moisturizer (bonus points if they’re straight, white, and/or cis) and a good filter for when I post selfies. You’d think I’m kidding, but that’s actually pretty much the truth.
How immature and pathetic to downplay the grief of others by making their tears “moisturiser”. This is everything that’s wrong with tumblr rad-fem. Spreading hate under the guise of a so called positive movement. Disgusting.
Lol if I cause the grief I have the right to bathe in it.
How can you be so immature that you are happy to cause others harm? How is that constructive? How is that any different to what men apparently do to women? Why do you stoop to their level to attempt to do something constructive? You are an abysmal excuse for a person if you take joy in making others hurt.
it is in no way “harmful” for a person to hear that they are racist, sexist, transphobic, ableist, or any of the other number of things that OP calls people out on. she’s not talking about grief tears, she’s talking about the metaphorical tears that people shed when they are outraged that she speaks out against their bigotry, hatred, and ignorance.
but it’s good that you stick up for the downtrodden, i’ll give you that. who knows what depths of darkness would befall the earth if you weren’t here to stick up for men with all the privileges that society has to offer. i mean, you could have spent that time defending innocent people of color who get murdered for daring to be alive; but no, no, no, that would have been faaaarrrrrrrr too easy and obvious. instead you picked up the daring task of defending the privileged. they’re oft misunderstood, so kudos to you.
haha no but for real, you are literally privileging some white dude’s feelings over basic human rights. that makes you a bigot. good job.
You miss the point completely, and instead go off on your own tangent that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Had this been a specific incident about a racist person, whether they be male or not, I would have whole heartedly agreed with the OP. However, this was not. OP simply feeds the ignorance that you believe when she, just like men apparently do to women, attempt to silence other’s opinions by coming in and stampeding with loud words about how i’m a “bigot”.
Also, at no point in the OP’s post were PoC mentioned. So why would you mention them, unless you had lost a way to be rude to someone else and you needed to play the “PoC” card to further an argument in which they were not mentioned?
um, she posted that answer in the context of her blog. you’re clearly unfamiliar with it. you don’t even know what your point is, so i had to find it for you. you’re defending privileged white dudes by trying to put a woman of color in her place. this has everything to do with race. don’t tell me i’m missing the point when you’re ignorant and uneducated as to what i’m saying. “race card” tho? you’re racist, too. good job. A+. every gold star.
But why should a woman of colour be allowed to make childish, unnecessary comments about another person? Regardless of that other person’s race? If she is trying to make a difference she is going about it in the most pathetic, most childish way possible and it won’t make an inch of difference. You call out all white men (because obviously all men face the same consequences and daily joys and sufferings and therefore all think exactly the same… utter stupidity) for being “privileged”, but actually women have so many privileges such as: reduced jail time for the same crime, many instances of getting away with raping younger boys, higher chance of getting custody of children even if they are not fit mothers.
And as for me being racist: save your waving of the race card for when it’s needed. Don’t dilute the movement against racism by shoving that view in my face when a coloured woman decided to spew hate on someone else. She definitely doesn’t need defending, she needs to have her hatred shown and someone needs to stand up against views like hers.
some people on this website are so fucking thirsty to be a social justice hero they’ll make a 10 paragraph post about why growing a tree is offensive like please go outside and chill there are real issues out there that need to be tended to and taken seriously